Friday, July 20, 2012

Holding steady

I don't know if you can call it "holding steady" after just two days with the same weight, but I think I do. And I don't  like it. Makes me feel like I'm treading water, when what I want to do is the breast stroke. I need encouragement, so todays inspiration is perfect:
It is awesome what happens when you
    are aware of God's presence in your life.
         There is no limitation to what you can do as
              long as it is within His will.
From Walking With God - Quotations from the sermons of Charles F. Stanley

"Nothing will be impossible with God."
                      
Luke 1:37



Now if I can just tap into keeping aware of God's presence in my life. After all, my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit! And I surely don't want to put garbage in the temple! Nor fill it to overflowing. I think of it as caring for His home, and know that I have a lot of cleaning up of years of neglect until it is fit for Him.

Don't get me wrong. He lives here NOW, not waiting for me to "clean up my act." Buy His presence here motivates me to get all my ducks in a row and quit letting them run amok in His temple.

How sad that I should not honor Him by keeping His temple in order!

Lord, help me be the person You designed me to be, in a temple that is beautiful outside and inside, which delights You!

No comments:

Post a Comment